A basic rendering check using the PyMol molecular viewer. You must be using a card supported by the Radeon video driver.
How to test
- Ensure the 'nomodeset' kernel parameter is not enabled in your bootloader configuration (unless you need it for basic X operation to suceed)
- Ensure that
glxinfo | grep 'OpenGL renderer'does not return
OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
- Install the pymol package: `yum -y install pymol`
- Launch pymol from a terminal
- Go to Wizard => Demo => Representations. There should be a list of demos on the right side of the Pymol viewer window.
- Click on each demo in turn. For each demo:
- Use the mouse wheel to increase or decrease complexity
- left-click+mouse to rotate
- middle-click+mouse to move around
- and right-click+mouse to zoom in/out
- Quit pymol.
- all demos should run without crashing
- there should not be any obvious misrenderings (flickering, surfaces that come and go...)