This test case tests whether screen saver and DPMS work successfully with the Radeon video driver, with kernel mode setting enabled. You must be using a card supported by the Radeon video driver.
How to test
- Ensure the 'nomodeset' kernel parameter is not enabled in your bootloader configuration (unless you need it for basic X operation to suceed)
- Ensure the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not exist, or is a known-good configuration file that uses the 'radeon' driver
- Shut your system down entirely, then start it up again
- Run sleep 5 && xset dpms force off
- After 5 seconds the display should blank. It should recover correctly when the mouse is moved