QA:Testcase radeon fastuserswitch
This test case tests whether fast user switching work successfully with the Radeon video driver, with kernel mode setting enabled. You must be using a card supported by the Radeon video driver.
How to test
- This test case is broken with the -ati package on the LiveCD. A fix is in xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.12.0-3 available in koji.
- Ensure the 'nomodeset' kernel parameter is not enabled in your bootloader configuration
- Ensure the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not exist, or is a known-good configuration file that uses the 'radeon' driver
- Shut your system down entirely, then start it up again
- Create a second regular user account, if you do not already have one available
- Trigger fast switching (in a default Fedora desktop, click your name at the top right hand corner, then select Switch User)
- Log in with the second user account
- Test switching from one account to the other and back again, with both logged in
- Check the GLX and Xv test cases on both logins
- Fast user switching should work correctly, with no display issues on either desktop
- Accelerated OpenGL apps and video playback should work on both desktops when two logins are active
- If you are using the Test Day live CD image, you may see xkb errors when switching user - this is a known bug and does not need to be reported