This test case logs the results of a basic 'rendercheck' test with the Radeon video driver, with kernel mode setting enabled. You must be using a card supported by the Radeon video driver.
How to test
- Ensure the 'nomodeset' kernel parameter is not enabled in your bootloader configuration (unless you need it for basic X operation to suceed)
- Ensure the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not exist, or is a known-good configuration file that uses the 'radeon' driver
- Shut your system down entirely, then start it up again (using the Test Day live CD if you so choose)
- Ensure the 'rendercheck' tool is available. If you are using the Test Day live CD it will be available automatically. For other situations a package is available here
- From a console, run the following command:
command|rendercheck -t fill,dcoords,scoords,mcoords,tscoords,tmcoords,blend,composite -f a8r8g8b8,x8r8g8b8,a8 > renderchecklog
- It will take around 15 minutes to complete (it is complete when it returns to a prompt). When it does, compress the resulting renderchecklog file (e.g.
gzip renderchecklog) and upload it to the Wiki via the Upload file link in the left hand link bar
- Add a link to your upload in the appropriate box in the Wiki page Test Results section
- The renderchecklog file should contain a record of the complete rendercheck session