This test case tests whether display rotation work successfully with the Radeon driver.
How to test
- Ensure the 'nomodeset' kernel parameter is not enabled in your bootloader configuration (unless you need it for basic X operation to suceed)
- Ensure the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not exist, or is a known-good configuration file that uses the 'radeon' driver
- Shut your system down entirely, then start it up again
- Run the GNOME display configuration tool, gnome-display-properties. Try rotating the primary display - change the Rotation drop down and hit apply
- Try and change back to the normal orientation
- The rotation should apply correctly and the rotated screen should display with no artifacts. Returning to the normal orientation should also work smoothly with no artifacts