This test case checks that a system can be enrolled in a FreeIPA or Active Directory domain ('realm') using Cockpit.
- Ensure a correctly-configured FreeIPA or Active Directory domain controller is accessible from the test system (you can follow QA:Testcase_Server_role_deploy with the Domain Controller role to deploy a FreeIPA domain controller)
- Follow QA:Testcase_Server_cockpit_default to deploy Fedora Server and ensure Cockpit is enabled and accessible
How to test
- Log in to Cockpit with the root account or an administrative user account, and select the system from the host list
- Select System Information
- Click Join Domain
- Enter correct configuration and credentials for the domain
- Test the domain configuration - for instance, run
realm listand ensure it is listed, and/or log in to the system as a user configured in the domain
- Enrolment must succeed and the system should work as a domain member would be expected to.