This testcase checks if multipathd responds with 'fail' for invalid device name. It is reported in fixed bug that multipathd responds with 'ok' for invalid device name.
How to test
Be as specific as required for the target audience. 1. Ensure the device-mapper-multipath package is installed
Execute: dnf -y install device-mapper device-mapper-multipath Execute: rpm -qa|grep multipath
2. Execute the following command to generate the configuration file:
Execute: mpathconf --enable
3. Restart multipathd service
Execute: service multipathd restart
4. kpartx called with invalid options /
Execute: kpartx -l /
5. sleep 1 second
Execute: sleep 1
6. check dmesg if there is segmentation fault
Execute:dmesg | grep segfault
- no Segmentation fault, kpartx no longer crashes when called with invalid options.