QA:Testcase thermostat custom plugin
This test case tests whether packaged thermostat can be used to build custom (third-party) thermostat plugins.
- Boot into the machine/VM you wish to test.
- If thermostat is not installed yet, install thermostat.
- Make sure you have maven-local installed. You can install it via:
sudo yum install maven-local
- Make sure you have mercurial installed. You can install it via:
sudo yum install mercurial
How to test
- Clone a sample custom thermostat plugin:
hg clone http://icedtea.classpath.org/people/jerboaa/kernel-cmdline-plugin/
- cd into to the custom plugin code:
- Build the custom plug-in using mvn-local:
mvn-build -f -i
- In step 3 thermostat modules should be resolvable via maven and the build should finish successfully. For example file kernel-cmdline-plugin/agent/target/thermostat-plug-in-agent-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar should exist.
- Please note that the plug-in does not actually work with this newer version of thermostat (it has not yet been updated). Bonus points for developers who get it working at runtime again as well. More information here: http://icedtea.classpath.org/wiki/Thermostat/ExtensionTutorial