QA:Testcase tor client
This testcase will check whether Tor can communicate with the Tor network and allow Firefox to proxy connections to the Tor SOCKS port.
- Ensure the
packages are installed.
/etc/tor/torrcconfiguration file should be the default one included with the package.
How to test
- In Firefox, browse to https://check.torproject.org/
sudo systemctl start tor.service
- Configure Firefox to connect to SOCKS proxy:
- Open the proxy settings: Edit → Preferences → Advanced → Network → Settings
- Select Manual proxy configuration
- Select SOCKS v5 connection type
- Set SOCKS Host as:
- Set SOCKS Port as:
- Browse to https://check.torproject.org/