Fedora Release Engineering Team
- JesseKeating (f13)
- JoshBoyer (jwb)
- BillNottingham (notting)
- JeremyKatz (jeremy)
- RexDieter (rdieter)
- WarrenTogami (warren)
- WillWoods (wwoods)
- TomCallaway (spot)
- LukeMacken (lmacken)
- JohnPoelstra (poelcat)
Release Team members are approved by FESCo. However, FESCo has delegated this power to the Release Team itself. If you want to join the team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Fedora Release Engineering?
Who's in Charge
JesseKeating. Leadership is currently appointed by FESCo with input from the current release team.
Things we Do
- Set the schedule for releases including freeze dates, final release, slips, etc.
- Set blocker criteria for the release.
- Decide what packages go onto a spin.
- Create official Fedora Spins.
- Report progress towards release from Feature Freeze on.
- Give reports to FESCo on changes to processes.
- If something is known to be controversial, we let FESCo know before implementing otherwise implementation generally happens concurrently to reporting.
- Set policy on freeze management
- Administrate the build system(s)
See our Standard Operating Procedures for details on how we do the things we do.
See our Projects Page for information on our current projects.
Where we do it
- IRC: #fedora-devel
- Mailing List: email@example.com (just an alias right now, no list yet)
Most discussions regarding release engineering will happen either in #fedora-devel or on the fedora-devel-list mailing list. Requests for the rel-eng team to do something should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meetings are regularly held every Monday at 1800 UTC. Our meetings are held in #fedora-meeting on the Freenode IRC network. At times we will have meetings more often than the scheduled times, particularly if a release is coming up. Meeting notes will be posted to fedora-devel-list and the wiki below.
Who represents what to Fedora Release Engineering?
Various people attend rel-eng meetings and represent parts of Fedora engineering. If you wish to attend and represent a group of folks, just add your name below. Some representatives will also be releng members, but no representative needs to be.
- WillWoods (QA)
- JeremyKatz (Installer/Virt)
- RexDieter (KDE)
- JohnPoelstra (Features, scheduling, and meeting minutes)