releng meeting process
This guide explains how to manage and run a releng IRC meeting. Many of the steps here could well apply to other groups that hold regular IRC meetings as well.
1 "business day" before the meeting is scheduled, do the following tasks: (So, Friday if meetings are Monday, etc)
1. First check the trac ticket items that have the 'meeting' keyword:
2. Generate an email to the email@example.com list with the following template:
Schedule for Monday's Release Engineering Meeting (2022-01-31)
(Replace "Monday's" with the day of week for the meeting)
Following is the list of topics that will be discussed in the releng meeting Monday at 14:30UTC in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.net. To convert UTC to your local time, take a look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UTCHowto or run: date -d '2022-01-31 14:30 UTC' Links to all tickets below can be found at: https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/report/10 = Secondary arches = #topic Secondary Architectures update - ppc #topic Secondary Architectures update - s390 #topic Secondary Architectures update - arm = Followups = #topic #NNN Title of ticket https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/NNN = New business = #topic #NNN Title of ticket https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/NNN = Open Floor = For more complete details, please visit each individual ticket. The report of the agenda items can be found at https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/report/10 If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to this e-mail, file a new ticket at https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng, e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during the open floor topic. Note that added topics may be deferred until the following meeting.
Replace NNN with the ticket numbers and add in Title of tickets.
Day of meeting
1. Send out a reminder IRC message a bit before the meeting to the #fedora-releng IRC channel.
2. Generate a text file from the following template:
#startmeeting RELENG (2022-01-31) #meetingname releng #chair dgilmore nirik tyll sharkcz bochecha masta pbrobinson pingou maxamillion #topic init process #topic #NNN TICKET TITLE ... #topic Secondary Architectures updates #topic Secondary Architectures update - ppc #topic Secondary Architectures update - s390 #topic Secondary Architectures update - arm #topic Open Floor #endmeeting
You can copy and paste in lines from this file as the meeting progresses.
3. Start an email replying to the agenda post. Rename the subject to: Summary/Minutes for today's release engineering meeting (2022-01-31)
4. Also, CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Use the lines up to 'init process' to start the meeting.
2. Wait a few for people to show up. Confirm there are at members present for discussion. If not, cancel meeting.
3. Go through each topic.
1. When #endmeeting runs it displays links for the logs. Use the .txt files in your email created above. Send out right after meeting. (If you wait, it's very easy to forget). (Make sure and CC: email@example.com too)
The subject should be:
Fedora Release Engineering meeting summary for 2022-01-31
2. Process through tickets comment/close them as appropriate.