This will be a social event to meet other Fedora users and people curious about Fedora from Novi Sad and Serbia in general, and check out the cool features of the new Fedora 27 release. It will also serve as an opportunity for people to find out what Fedora and free software in general is all about and ask questions of people already involved in the community. It is also a opportunity for students of Department of Mathematics and Informatics of Faculty of Science in Novi Sad to learn about Fedora and open-source principles and how can they get involved with FOSS/Fedora.
March 17th 2018 12:00 (noon)
Amphitheater A1 (Mihajlo Pupin)
Department of Mathematics and Informatics
Faculty of Sciences
University of Novi Sad
Trg Dositeja Obradovića 3
21000 Novi Sad
- Installation media (CD/USB) should be available to those that would like to get Fedora or upgrade to Fedora 27.
- A couple of presentations
- Quiz with Fedora awards!
- Socializing with other Fedora enthusiasts over lunch and snacks.
- Q & A session
- Field trip to the new Fedora powered classroom - https://fedoramagazine.org/fedora-computer-lab-university/
dr Danijela Tešendić, associate professor at the Faculty of Sciences
Nataša Sukur, teaching assistant at the Faculty of Sciences
Doni Pracner, teaching assistant at the Faculty of Sciences
Ambassadors at the event
- 12:00 - Welcome
- 12:00 - 12:30 "What's new in Fedora 27?" - Nemanja Milosevic
- 12:30 - 13:00 "How to browse the Web as inconvenient as possible" - Doni Pracner
- 13:00 - 13:30 Coffee/Snacks break
- 13:30 - 14:00 "Linux based development environment" - Igor Sarcevic
- 14:00 - 14:30 "Fedora Atomic Workstation" - Marko Kostic
- 14:30 - 14:45 "Fedora localization" - Marko Kostic
- 14:45 - 15:00 Fedora quiz - Natasa Sukur and Doni Pracner
- 15:00 - Fedora/Linux Q&A