Important note - Español
This will be a social event to meet other Fedora users and people curious about Fedora from CDMX and México in general, and check out the cool features of the new Fedora 27 release. It will also serve as an opportunity for people to find out what Fedora and free software in general is all about and ask questions of people already involved in the community. It is also a opportunity for students of Department of Electronics and Systems of CBI to learn about Fedora and open-source principles and how can they get involved with FOSS/Fedora.
12/08/2017 13:00 to 16:00hrs.
UAM Azcapotzalco is one of the five campus of Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana system, the second best ranked Mexican public university for the year 2018, according to Times Higher Education. This campus is in the northern area of Mexico City, in the borough of Azcapotzalco.
Av. San Pablo No. 180, Col. Reynosa Tamaulipas, C.P. 02200 Delegación Azcapotzalco Ciudad de México, CDMX, México
Important note - application
- Installation media (CD/USB) should be available to those that would like to get Fedora or upgrade to Fedora 27.
- A couple of presentations
- Socializing with other Fedora enthusiasts over lunch and snacks.
- Q & A session
- Field trip to the Fedora powered classrooms
Fedora Representatives and owners
- Efren Robledo Fedora Ambassador
- MCC Oscar Alvarado Nava, associate professor at the Electronic Department
- Alejandra Rodríguez Sánchez, Computer engineering student (local LUG member)
- Alberto Rodríguez Sánchez, Master degree student (local LUG member)
- 13:00 - Reception
- 13:30 - Talk
- 14:30 - Q&A session
- 15:00 - Install Fest
- to be published after the event