The web interface is targeted towards people creating Fedora Spins and Remixes. It will use the existing tools like livecd-creator and pungi to create the actual images. Initial target is just live images. It will be a 100% free and open source web application.
Name of the application
Candidates (In order of preference):
- dorrie 1 2 (Transliterated word, no specific spelling exists)
Suggest your own here
August 16, 2009: Rahul Sundaram suggested it. Shreyank Gupta is implementing it as a Django application.
We need help with someone from the design team to draw mockups
* Imported Comps into a mysql database. * Ruby on Rails not a suitable framework, for unavalablity of a kickstart parser written in ruby.
* Distribution name * Live or Install image. Initially support will be only added for Live image * Select template (kickstart files from spin-kickstart package) * Select groups (inherited from comps) and individual packages * Default language, other languages to include * Default wallpaper * Hostname * Default username * root password, user password * home directory content * Custom Packages * Image type: ISO, virt image, raw disk
- Who is the primary target audience?
Folks creating Fedora Spins and Remixes
- http://susestudio.com/. Articles about it at http://lwn.net/Articles/346447/ and http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/07/hands-on-linux-appliances-made-easy-with-suse-studio.ars.