Compiz is one of the OpenGL based compositing window managers and is included in Fedora Core 6 onwards. Red Hat has done changes to compiz to enable it to work on top of AIGLX framework. AIGLX is now part of Xorg 7.1 release.
Fedora Core 6
Compiz is installed by default in Fedora Core 6 but Metacity is used as the default window manager in GNOME. To switch to Compiz, select the appropriate options in System => Preferences => Desktop Effects in GNOME. KDE users can run
compiz --replace gconf & gnome-window-decorator &
Compiz uses AIGLX in Fedora Core 6 and since compositing extension is enabled by default in Xorg now, using compiz is just a single click process on appropriate hardware.
How to use Compiz
We need a feature list and how to use Compiz including key combination
- Rotate - [Control] +[Alt] +Right Arrow Key or Left Arrow Key
- 3D Cube - [Control] +[Alt] +Left Mouse Click then Drag the mouse
- Scale - Move mouse to Top Right Corner or press [Pause] key. Press [Esc] key to go back.
- Zoom - [Super/Windows] + Right Mouse Click
- http://codtech.com/wiki/index.php/FC6_Compiz (Not all key combinations will work)