Fedora Development SIG
- The purpose of the Development SIG is to make Fedora a very good development distribution. The goal is to produce a great development distribution "out of the box" providing needed tools for both upstream developers and Fedora maintainers. We want to make it easy for developers -- both those experienced and new -- to get started developing with and for Fedora.
- The Development SIG will develop and release the "Fedora for Developers" live image and will work with Fedora release engineering on propagation / distribution.
- Releases of the "Fedora, Developer Edition" live image will follow Fedora release cycles.
- The "Fedora, Developer Edition" live image will be composed from packages from the Fedora Package Collection. Fedora Project infrastructure will be used in all aspects. When appropriate, defaults may be changed to improve the user experience.
Fedora, Developer Edition details
You can find a complete package list here .
There is no F11 Dev spin, last was F10.
Probably may not be for F12, that's realism not negativity.
At the moment the sig appears to be me. (Feel free to participate)
So am attempting to be going through the list (above),
Down the road a bit hope to organise a poll,
and work out what programmers are using,
All within the context of Fedora goals\policies.
Currently looking at what IDE(s), are available, whether included or not.
- AndrewOverholt (overholt)
- Frank Murphy
- JeffJohnston (jjohnstn)
I would like to see a specific devel apps-ide mailing list until then maybe: The email@example.com mailing list
Traditionally, some of the initial participants have used the #fedora-java IRC channel on FreeNode but obviously #fedora-devel (also on FreeNode) is more appropriate.
There are no meetings', planned or otherwise.
- Log from first meeting: 2007-08-21
- Log from second meeting: 2007-08-28
- Log from third meeting: 2007-09-04
(Note: this page shamelessly copied from the Desktop SIG)