Fedora Gnome Special Interest Group
Define and deliver as close to upstream modern, high-quality Gnome optimized desktop only experience to Fedora users and developers.
Fedora Gnome Spin
The Fedora Gnome spin is maintained collectively by the Gnome SIG but should essentially be following upstream module set for any given release starting with 3.10 and only add packages that greatly enhanced that end user experience and is not available upstream like libreoffice
- Fedora Gnome Spin
- Gnome 3.10 Applications
- Gnome 3.10 Suites Core
- Gnome 3.10 Suites Core Dependency's
- Gnome 3.10 System Dependency's
- Gnome 3.10 World
- Gnome on Fedora
- The Official Gnome Website
- The Official Gnome Wiki
- Latest News And Community Activity on Planet Gnome
- GNOME Developer Center
- Jóhann B. Guðmundsson (QA,Ambassador)
Joining the SIG
Joining the Gnome SIG is as simple as being part of Fedora and having a love for Gnome. Once you are a contributor to Fedora, you can join the SIG by adding your name above and communicating with the rest of the team in the usual Fedora channels .
How you can help
If you have no idea how to help us with providing a good and qualitative excellent release of Gnome in Fedora here are some proposals where we need help:
- Packagers: There are so many interesting packages that are not yet packaged for Fedora. Package it to improve the user experience.
- Reviewers: Only a few persons are doing the Gnome-related reviews. Help us reviewing so that more packages could be included.
- QA Community member: If you love Gnome use the development version or the updates-testing repository and report bugs, bugs, bugs, request enhancements or features. We need your feedback to improve Gnome or help with triaging the components that make up the Gnome Desktop spin
- Documentation writers: Make sure that documentation of Gnome is high quality and complete in Fedora.
- Release Notes: Help with writing the release notes
- Wiki: Maintain http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Gnome and keep it updated with end user information.
- Discussion* Communicate with the Gnome sub-community within Fedora
- TO BE DECIDED
For more information about the past and upcoming meetings please see the meetings subpage: Gnome/Meetings
We have informal chats about Gnome development in #fedora-devel IRC channel in freenode. Refer to Communicate page for more information.