- 2008-03-11 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- PolicyKit integration (#428212 )
- kde-settings and KDE 4 (#426153 )
- last preparations for the beta
- release notes
- no progress
kde-settings and KDE 4:
- KDE 4 wants the profile directory settings in /etc/kde4rc, not /etc/kderc.
- kde-settings now creates that file.
- There is also a bug in kdelibs where kdeglobals isn't found in the profile directory which is now fixed by a patch.
- So our fedora specific KDE settings are being honored now.
last preparations for the beta:
- khelpcenter issue for KDE 3 apps is fixed in kdebase-runtime.
- Package naming change: qt -> qt3 / qt4 -> qt
- The proper provides will be added to qt(3) after the meeting and it will be included in Fedora 9 Beta.
- The renaming of the packages will happen ASAP but after the beta.
- kdm and SELinux (#421951 ):
- kdm should now be able to login the user but still prints some warnings.
- KevinKofler tracked down the code that is most likely what SELinux doesn't like.
- Because the issue is down to warnings it isn't a blocker anymore but it's still worth to be fixed.
- We're waiting for DanielWalsh at the moment if he could help us with it.
- knetworkmanager will be made EOL because there is not much progress of supporting NetworkManager-0.7 und current svn code is still busted and would also lack features in comparison to nm-applet.
- Without knetworkmanager being a dummy package for nm-applet we could do parallel testing with the real knetworkmanager when it actually builds.
- DennisGilmore will set up a FAQ for knetworkmanager on this.
- NetworkManager-gnome will be installed by default on the live images.
- If it will be default also in @kde-desktop will be decided later and depends on if Networkmanager will be used in default setup in Fedora 9.
- Beta release notes should be fine.
- KevinKofler will write the beats for KDE ASAP (deadline is 16 March 2008).
(These comments are written after the meeting)