Fedora KDE Plasma Desktop update policy
We are asking for exception to ship 1 4.x update in Fn release.
Our update process
Our update process is quite complex to assure quality of final -> stable push.
- the new 4.x packages are built for Rawhide
- packages are pushed to kde-unstable repository
- input is requested from the first testers
- bug tracker is created to collect 4.x bugs and known regressions
- once most of bugs are fixed -> go/no-go meeting (kde sig meeting)
- update is pushed to updates-testing repository (usually for a few weeks)
- we closely tracking bugs and regressions - we have lot of testers
- once most of bugs/criticals are fixed -> stable go/no-go meeting
- final updates push