(Imported from MoinMoin)
m (1 revision(s))
Revision as of 16:37, 24 May 2008
Live Upgrade Special Interest Group
Live upgrade SIG is a team of Fedora developers and users interested in making upgrades via yum work smoothly.
The purpose of this SIG is to make live upgrades a well tested and supported option within Fedora. This involves the following
- Often test upgrading to the current development branch of one of the test releases from the last two general releases and send reports to the fedora-test list and file any bug reports to http://bugzilla.redhat.com.
- Help track and fix packaging problems including lack of proper versioning (E-V-R), lack of proper obseletes etc that prevent smooth upgrades.
- Help others in the Fedora community workaround or better yet fix any upgrade issues.
- Document the live upgrade path and any issues including workarounds in the appropriate places.
- Help convince the Fedora team to make live upgrades a well supported option.
The email@example.com mailing list is a good forum for Fedora live upgrade related discussions.
Known Issues F7 to F8
- NetworkManager-vpnc lost settings.