Note that this is a draft document.
Fedora Minimal Core SIG
The Fedora Minimal Core SIG is a group of people interested in maintaining Fedora's minimal package set. This is the Core group in the comps file, and any packages installed by the Anaconda installer by default.
The Fedora Minimal Core SIG ensures that the Fedora minimal package set is an intentionally curated selection rather than an ad hoc accretion of packages.
- Choose a working definition for "minimal" (kernel + systemd only vs enough to get to yum install over the net vs basic traditional unix system)
- Define basic standards for package dependencies (e.g., no X in the minimal install)
- Reduce size of packages within the minimal set, in line with Fedora distribution goals and our working definition
- Collect and describe use-cases for the minimal package set
- Work with QA, Release Engineering, Cloud Sig, Anaconda Team, and other stakeholders to ensure everyone's needs are met
Fedora is not an ultra-minimalist "tiny linux distribution", and we aren't aiming to make it into one.
- Cloud SIG
- Server SIG
- Security team
- Embedded SIG
- oVirt Node
- Anyone building a specialized spin on a small core
There is no formal "join" process. If you are interested in this work, please add your name to this list
- Matthew Miller
- Bill Nottingham
- Stephen Smoogen
- Russ Herrold
- Robyn Bergeron
- seth vidal
- Dan Horák
- Fabian Deutsch
- Ian Weller
- Tomáš Mráz
- Miloslav Trmač
A mailing list will be created. Please use the main Fedora Devel list for now.