Mono Special Interest Group
The Mono SIG is a group of Fedora contributors that maintain Mono (and related) packages in Fedora.
The goal of the Mono SIG is to provide high-quality and usable Mono software packages to Fedora users and developers and to support others in creating and maintaining Mono packages. Also assist in ensuring users to have the best possible experience of Mono.
We want to ensure that Mono is supported correctly and as fully as possible across rawhide, the current core and the core-1 distros. We are not able to ensure everything works prior to core-1 at the moment.
- Paul Johnson
- Sindre Pedersen Bjørdal
- David Nielsen
- Xavier Lamien
- Doug Blank
- Michel Salim
- Paul Lange
- Ismael Olea
- Huzaifa Sidhpurwala
- Peter Gordon
- Christian Krause
- Claudio Rodrigo Pereyra Diaz
- Raphael Groner
- Timotheus Pokorra
Mono SIG faithful testers
Joining the SIG
Thank you for considering joining us in the mission to bring Fedora users a pleasant Mono experience, please sign up to our mailing list and present yourself:
How you can help
If you want to join but have no packaging experience we will be happy to help you learn, you can also get your start by joining the faithful testers team above. These users are willing testers of new Mono work and related package updates, occasionally a call to testing will be issued with instructions. The aim is to create a breeding ground for pushing good work into our stable repos and to arrange Mono based test days. You may also be asked to help triage specific bugs. This is your chance to make a big difference without investing much time. The only requirements is being on the mailing list and having a FAS and bugzilla account to give us feedback.
- Update packaging guidelines
- Split *.mdb into debuginfo packages
Packages awaiting review
- MonoDevelop Addins - More MonoDevelop Addins like debugger integration (MDB, GDB), more language support (Vala, Java, Boo) and improved development experience (Database)
- Tangerine - DAAP music server
This would make a good starting point for new contributors, most of the initial work is already done, however the package review remains incomplete for various reasons.
- monodevelop-boo - boo plugin for monodevelop
- monodevelop-java - java plugin for monodevelop
- monodevelop-database - database plugin for monodevelop
- poppler-sharp - sharp bindings for poppler
- nini - an uncommonly powerful .NET configuration
- hyena - a library of GUI and non-GUI C# code
- tangerine - DAAP server
- beagle-xesam - Xesam adaptor for Beagle
- openra - Libre/Free Real Time Strategy project that recreates the famous Command & Conquer titles
- npgsql - A .Net Data Provider for PostgreSQL
- monodevelop-database - Database Add-in for MonoDevelop