Mono Special Interest Group
The Mono SIG is a group of Fedora contributors that maintain Mono (and related) packages in Fedora.
The goal of the Mono SIG is to provide high-quality and usable mono software packages to Fedora users and developers and to support others in creating and maintaining Mono packages. Also assist in ensuring users to have the best possible experience of Mono.
We want to ensure that Mono is supported correctly and as fully as possible across rawhide, the current core and the core-1 distros. We are not able to ensure everything works prior to core-1 at the moment.
Joining the SIG
We are under new management, please bear with us while we update the wiki pages, in the meantime if you wish to join the Mono SIG, you can add your name below and contact David.
A proper mailing list has been requested, (https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1206)
How you can help
If you have no idea how to help us, here are some proposals where we need help:
- Packagers: There are so many interesting packages that are not yet packaged for Fedora. Package it to improve the user experience.
- Reviewers: Only a few persons are doing the reviews. Help us reviewing so that more packages could be included.
- Testers: If you usually use Mono or related packages in any branches (development versionn, updates-testing) and report bugs, request enhancements or features. We need your feedback to improve Mono users experiences.
- Bugs: Become a BugZapper and help us with mono-related bugs.
Packages awaiting review
- beagle-xesam - Xesam adaptor for Beagle
- Gnome Do Plugins
- More MonoDevelop Addins (see http://monodevelop.com/Download_-_Unstable)
This would make a good starting point for new contributors, most of the initial work is already done, however the package review remains incomplete for various reasons.
- monodevelop-boo - boo plugin for monodevelop
- monodevelop-java - java plugin for monodevelop
- monodevelop-database - database plugin for monodevelop
- Tao Framework - Various bindings for Mono