Fedora Robotics SIG Meeting Minutes 2010-11-10
- 2010-11-10 1:00 UTC
- #fedora-robotics on freenode
- Tim Niemueller (timn)
- Rich Mattes (rmattes)
- Hedayat Vatankhah (hedayat)
- Package Reviews/Outstanding Tasks/Interesting Software
- What else do we need for LiveCD
- Re-evaluate Tasks list, focus on what we have manpower for
- Re-evaluate Interesting Software list, see if there's still interest/projects are still alive
- Outlined on Demos page
- Are our ideas realistic? Upstream-able?
- LiveCD spin
- Kickstart file
- Size target (CD? DVD?)
- Get in touch with Spins SIG?
- F15 feature (can we pull it off in the next few months?)
- Regular meeting schedule
- Does it make sense? When is everyone available?
- Blogging/Planet Fedora
- Start fedora-robotics blog?
- Blog more often individually about robotics stuff?
- Wiki Page
- Restructure Robotics wiki items
- Screenshots of robotics software
- Descriptive blurbs for software packages
- What it is, what it's used for, why it makes Fedora awesome, etc.
- Anything else: feel free to edit
- do not focus on additional software to add for now
- have linear ~5 level demo using Fawkes/Player/Stage
- Afterwards present pointers to more in-depth information
- Provide shortcut to pointers for advanced users
- Make Robotics LiveCD a proper Spin
- Make Robotics LiveCD a Fedora 15 Feature
- Prepare spin (kickstart etc.) as we go
- Have development files and IDE on spin
- Blog more about robotics for Fedora Planet
- no specific fedora-robotics blog
- Restructure wiki, give pointers to software
- Feature Page (timn)
- Spin page (timn)
- Package list on spin page (all)
- Demo application (timn et al.)
- Prepare advanced documentation overview (hedayat)
- blog more (all)
- featured package descriptions and screenshots (rmattes)
- Restructure wiki page, possibly using boxes (rmattes)
- Spin kickstart (postponed)
- File:Fedrobsig20101110.txt Transcript of Fedora Robotics SIG Meeting on 2010-11-10