Some notes on how package ordering should work. These notes attempt to use the least amount of discs in case a Next, Next, Finish type installation is performed.
From the Installer perspective
- Install all groups marked default in comps.xml
- Use scripts/find-default-groups.py to discover which groups are marked as default
- Install any of the available categories of groups, listed in installclasses/fedora.py
- These categories contain lists of groups to be added to the installation
- Customize the installation
The Selection of Packages from Groups
- From the groups selected, default packages are selected.
- Optional packages from the group may have been pulled in, which appear as "unselected" in the group.
Default packages from default groups are selected when a Next, Next, Finish type installation is performed
In Python Code
- In comps.xml, some groups are marked <default>true</default>, others are marked <default>True</default>.
Note that the former doesn't allow itself to be compared in Python if statements, and you need to bool(group.default).