m (→References: Fix link)
|Line 68:||Line 68:|
Revision as of 17:20, 5 June 2008
Fedora Store Special Interest Group
The Store SIG (Special Interest Group) is a group of Fedora contributors working to create a turnkey swag solution for the Fedora Project.
1. Making it easier for Ambassadors and event organizers to get swag in bulk, for a good price, and for reasonable shipping charges. 2. Making it easy for users who just want one or two items to get them, again without crazy shipping fees. 3. Making it as easy and automated as possible for designers to create new products. 4. Not having to do any physical distribution or order processing ourselves. 5. Providing an international service. 6. Being transparent regarding money.
Open action items
We will cover all open action items at each meeting.
- Create mockup / requirements page on the wiki that starts laying out ideas for what a store.fedoraproject.org could look like. JeffreyTadlock has contacted the Art Team via mailing list and the Web Page Request for help on a mockup.
- Continue to narrow down which vendor we should proceed with. (Everyone)
Closed action items
These items are considered closed, feel free to add content though as some of the following items will be an ongoing process.
- Publicize and populate the companies that Ambassadors have used to mass-produce Fedora items. (JeffreyTadlock)
- Make a list, based on geography, of potential online distributors . (Everyone)
- Log in to http://fedora-fr.spreadshirt.net/ and see how it operates
- Add to the list of proposed items . (Everyone)
- More in-depth chat with REVElinux as a potential distributor. We have emails from when MichaelBeckwith contacted REVELinux to review.
- Setup an individual cafepress.com shop and order a T-shirt similar to a screen printed version I currently have for quality review. Comments added to Potential Distributors page (JeffreyTadlock)
- Continue adding Pros and Cons to the potential online distributors page. (Everyone) Deadline for comments February 27th, 2008.
- Place a test order through spreadshirt.com [JeffreyTadlock]
Joining the SIG
Joining the SIG is as simple as adding your name below, and being part of the discussions on fedora-marketing-list .