Big Data SIG
The Big Data SIG, in grand Fedora style, aims to make Fedora the best platform for all things related to Big Data.
Big Data Packages
Existing packages and work in progress
Packages known to already exist in Fedora, as well as those not packaged but have interest, are listed on the Big data packaging wiki page.
Please add bigdata-review to the "Blocks:" list of your review-request.
Big data means many things - here are a few of the categories we've identified that have to do with big data:
- Batch Processing
- Stream Analysis
- Online processing/analysis
What are we going to do?
Whatever the people who show up and want to do work want to do. :) If you're wondering if this COULD BE YOU, the answer is quite likely YES. But just in case, here's an easily-extended list of what this COULD include:
- Hadoop. HDFS. NoSQL (enormous list here). Ad-hoc analysis tools. Activity stream processing tools.
- Packaging of any of the above.
- Better documenting existing packaging of things we know we already have.
- Discussion of how to take deploy one of these technologies and do something useful with it, solve problems in your area of interest, etc.
- Deciphering what the heck any of this is, means to anyone, and why it can be useful, and why Fedora is great to use with these technologies.
There is no formal process for participating; joining the mailing list, hanging out on IRC, or participating in meetings are all fantastic ways to get involved.
We will likely hang out on irc.freenode.net at #fedora-bigdata.
Haven't used IRC for communication before? More information on how to use IRC is available here.
- 2013-10-31 Minutes
- 2013-11-21 Minutes
- 2013-12-05 Minutes
- 2013-12-19 Minutes
- 2014-1-16 Minutes
- 2014-1-30 Minutes
Where: Bi-weekly - irc.freenode.net at #fedora-meeting-2 Thursday 09:00 CST.