Sci-Tech Special Interest Group
The purpose of the Fedora Sci-Tech SIG is to improve the number and quality of packages available for scientific and technical users.
- UsingMultipleMPIs - How to use lam and openmpi on the same system.
Packages awaiting review
- MPICH2: #171993
- gabedit - GUI for computational chemistry #444426
- vaspview - VASP Data Viewer #444763
- gromacs - Molecular dynamics package #249831
- automaton - Java finite state automata/regular expression library #394871
- GAP - Computer algebra system - JasonTibbitts has a working and up-to-date GAP package in http://www.math.uh.edu/~tibbs/rpms/gap, but it needs significant cleanup before it has a chance of passing review.
- ROOT - High energy physics data analysis package - http://root.cern.ch/
- SAGE Mathematica-like open source mathematics software ( SAGE packaging discussion )
- ITK - Insight Segmentation and Registration Toolkit - software system to support the Visible Human Project
- Trilinos - Collection of packages that support parallel linear algebra computations, solution of linear, non-linear and eigen systems of equations and related capabilities. (LGPLv2+)
- SAGE packaging discussion
- MPI work:
- Use environment-modules to improve the "MPI alternatives" situation -- please see the proposal at the bottom of EdHill