Community Spin Guidelines
This page describes the DOs and DONTs for Community Spins being submitted for review to the Spin SIG .
This document should also include guidelines with regards to the snippet layout as proposed in Kickstart Pool .
DOs and DONTs
- (./) All bits on the spin concept MUST be in Fedora. This can either be a released tree, the releases corresponding updates tree, or rawhide.
- (./) The spin concept MUST be tested thoroughly before submitting it to the Spin SIG for technical review.
- (./) If the spin is to be included in the coming release, the spin MUST be composed on rawhide, using the compose tools in rawhide, and the packages from rawhide.
- (./) Installation from the spin, whether a Live Spin or an Install Spin, MUST work.
- (./) The Live Spin concept MUST be composed using a kickstart configuration.
- (./) The Live Spin MUST include the base kickstart, which is designed to make the Live Spin work.
- (./) The kickstart MUST be valid.
- HINT: Use
ksflattento see if all
%includestatements work properly. You probably shouldn't use absolute file paths.
- HINT: Use
ksvalidatorto see if all directives used are valid.
- (./) The Live Spin MUST be maintained for the remainder of it's lifecycle.
- (./) The Live Spin MUST fit on a CD (700MB, preferably a little smaller), or DVD (4.3GB, preferably a little smaller).
- A Live Spin that fits on a CD should use
part / 4096, which is in the base kickstart already.
- A Live Spin that fits on a DVD should use
part / 8192, overriding the base kickstart default.
- Do NOT remove anaconda from the package set as it is a requirement for the liveinstall feature that comes with Live Media.
- (./) Other then locale, timezone and keyboard settings, and language-specific packages, the Localized Spin must match the upstream Live Spin you based the Localized Live Spin on. You can change the following things:
@*-supportpackage selections (languages) in the
hunspell-*package selections in the
openoffice.org-langpack-*package selections in the
- Package selection to meet the size as well as local hardware, software and cultural requirements.
- Additionally, you might need to specify a
%postscript to have the desktop environment use the correct keyboard layout, now that
- No notes on Installation Spins yet.