The main page for this idea is Summer Coding 2010 ideas - Dorrie.
Summary of idea:
Dorrie is a Web interface to build customized Fedora Remixes. It is a Free Software licensed under the GNU Affero General Public License v3 or later and written using Django/Python.
Contacts: Shreyank Gupta
Mentor(s): Shreyank Gupta
* Name, select template Kiskstart file. * Select Language, Timezone. Defaults to the vaules from the base template. * Select package groups. Defaults values from base template. * Select individual packages. Selection stored in Database. * Build and Downlaod custom Kickstart file. * Build and Downlaod custom LiveCD ISO image.
1 name of image - will be used as the name of the kickstart file, filesystem label and image name 2 select template - based on kickstart files from spin-kickstart package 3 select package groups, individual packages - derived from comps and with the ability to search as well 4 language, timezone - Default is English and US - E 5 generate image with progress bar 6 download image and kickstart file
* Distribution name * Live or Install image. Initially support will be only added for Live image * Select template (kickstart files from spin-kickstart package) * Select groups (inherited from comps) and individual packages * Default language, other languages to include * Default wallpaper * Hostname * Default username * root password, user password * home directory content * Custom Packages * Custom Repositories * Image type: ISO, virt image, raw disk * User Management via FAS integration. * Search Packages. * Live dry-run.
Task for Summer coding
* User management - integration with FAS. * Tabbed workflow with AJAX. * Search Packages. * Add default users to Kickstart. Custom root password. * Hostname * Default Wallpaper, home directory content,
* Add user defined repositories. * Upload Custom packages.
Get the code
The project is hosted at https://fedorahosted.org/dorrie/
Download the source from git:
* Who is the primary target audience? Folks creating Fedora Remixes