The main page for this idea is Summer Coding 2010 ideas - Unified Mobile Sync - shortinfo.
Summary of idea: Synchronization tool for mobile devices. The creation of tool for data synchronization between mobile devices and desktop, such as contacts, calendar, schedule, tasks, messages. Today mobility is a major trend, so enabling synchronization between mobile and desktop is important for Linux desktop adoption.
Contacts: Alexey Vasyukov
Mentor(s): For the moment Alexey Vasyukov
Notes: Proposed features:
- Synchronization of contacts and calendar (required), tasks and messages (desired)
- Support for popular mobile devices, simple extensibility for new gadgets via plugins
- Support for popular desktop applications, simple extensibility for other via plugins
- Simple graphical synchronization tuning tool – what to synchronize, scheduling, rules (filters, conflict resolution, etc.)
- Enabling mobile device backup and restore
- Desirably running not only on Linux, but also on Windows and MacOS (TBD)
- Think about future integration with open source collaboration suites and unified communication systems.