Purpose: Oversee, define, and improve on the Fedora Project's work with students contributing as part of their classwork or summer internship, and do so in a way that provides a general framework re-deployable by other open source projects seeking to do the same.
What are we doing?
- We are on the GSoC 2013 program
How can you help?
Right now, join our #Communication channels and introduce yourself and what you're interested in - we're working together to define more formal roles for those who want to know their time investment beforehand. That discussion will be carried out on the list, and the more formal roles will be announced on the Fedora mailing lists and planet when they are ready.
- The project mailing list is the main discussion location for all students and mentors: http://lists.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/summer-coding
- The mentors use one or either of these lists:
You can find SIG members regularly on IRC in:
- Web access is available at: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=fedora-summer-coding
- Channel currently on hold until we sort out logistics in 24 March meeting.
Joint work performed across teams, such as with JBoss.org, is discussed in:
- Web access is available at: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=redhat-summer
- Existing channel being used for discussion until we sort out logistics in 24 March meeting.
No meetings are currently set.
- Summer coding 2011
- Summer coding 2010
- Summer coding 2009
- Summer coding 2008
- Summer of Code 2007
- Summer of Code 2006
- Summer of Code 2005
Past project ideas
- Summer coding ideas for 2012
- Summer coding ideas for 2011
- Summer coding ideas for 2010
- Summer coding ideas for 2009
- Summer coding ideas for 2008