Oliners (who don't know Java/Scala/OSS)
Etherpad. You know it, you love it, you miss it. Why don't you come work on it? Thats right, EtherPad is now Open Source software, and it needs some work.
- Friday, October 8th @8pm - Intro to OSS development for Olin Students
- Saturday, October 9th @5pm - Q&A on how EtherPad works; technologies it uses
Java / Scala / JS / Release Engineers
Etherpad is the pinnacle of online, collaborative text editing. If you're not familiar with EtherPad, take a look at this video. Buuut the EtherPad code-base isn't exactly in a packageable state, as demonstrated by SDZ, here. We would like to package EtherPad and package it correctly.
computercolin: Some conflicts:
- Weekend of 15th is family weekend
- Weekend of 22th is admissions open-house
- Weekend of 22th also Ontario Linux Fest
- 25th is my birthday and I intend to be... busy ;)
computercolin: If we want pre-Ontario, gotta be weekend of Oct 1st or Oct 8th