New mkdumprd for kdump
This is a replacement for mkdumprd of kexec-tools, to switch to dracut to generate the initrd for kdump kernel.
- Name: Cong Wang
- Email: <amwang at redhat dot com>
- Targeted release: Fedora 16
- Last updated: 2011-07-11
- Percentage of completion: 10%
- Dump to local filesystem
- Read /etc/kdump.conf to generate initrd
- Dump to remote host via ssh
- Dump to remote host via nfs
- Dump to raw block device
- Dump to multiple targets
Currently in kexec-tools we use our own /sbin/mkdumprd to generate an initrd for kdump kernel. However, due to the complexity of making a new initrd, we have lots of burdens to maintain the mkdumprd code, we decide to switch to using dracut to generate kdump initrd.
Benefit to Fedora
All functionality of /sbin/mkdumprd has to be implemented and tested in this new mkdumprd.
How To Test