Revision as of 01:35, 21 March 2013
- Name: I think you should consider naming it MATE Spin only, even if there is compiz installed.
- Compiz: I have no idea how well maintained compiz and emerald are these days and how many people can actually use it. I guess a lot of users are using MATE because they cannot run all the fancy gnome-shell compositioning stuff, so you would probably exclude large parts of your potential user base.
- Size: It is unclear what size you target. I guess this is a DVD, so the ks should be named accordingly fedora-livedvd-matecompiz.ks
- Includes: Packages should go into a separate fedora-matecompiz-packages.ks now to allow ARM specific hacks in a different ks but with the same package set. You probably want fedora-live-minimization for saving some space.
- Spins page: The "Spins Page" (Slogan, Documentation ...) section is missing.
Compiz-0.8.8 stable is highly maintained by me and it works well in MATE. I see no reason why not named the spin MATE + Compiz. As i asked you before per email conversation and xfce-devel mailing list, you can test compiz in xfce.