|Thu February 19, 2009||From 12:00 to 20:00 UTC (7am -> 3pm ET)||#fedora-qa)|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on:
The following cast of characters will be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
Prerequisite for Test Day
- Rawhide Fully updated
How to test?
1) update your machine to latest rawhide tip: yum-skipbroken may come in handy in case there are broken deps yum --skipbroken update
2) install bootchart yum install bootchart
3) Make sure the kernel you're about to boot has init set to bootchart. Open /boot/grub/menu.lst and check there's init=/sbin/bootchartd on the kernel command line
5) Run bootchart on the command line which should create an output image - bootchart.svn
6) If you already haven't done so, upload your hardware profile, either via smoltSendProfile or smoltGui for GUI. 7) Upload your bootchart along with your link to your profile. Where? TBD
Booting with specific services - TBD
Test Cases and Results