|Line 99:||Line 99:|
| [[User:mnowak | Michal Nowak]] || <code>yum upgrade kernel</code> || F-11-Beta.x86_64 || 22 MB v. 9.7 MB saved 57 % || the rebuilding rpms from deltas
| [[User:mnowak | Michal Nowak]] || <code>yum upgrade kernel</code> || F-11-Beta.x86_64|| 22 MB v. 9.7 MB saved 57 % || the rebuilding rpms from deltas ~2 mins, but probably
worth the savings || yum-3.2.21-16.fc11 & yum-presto-0.4.5-4.fc11 || refresh-packagekit
Revision as of 14:00, 16 April 2009
|2009-04-16 (Thu)||From 12:00 to 21:00 UTC (8am -> 5pm EDT)||#fedora-qa)|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on:
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - User:Lmacken, User:Skvidal, User:Jdieter
- Quality Assurance - User:Psklenar, User:Jhutar, Adam Williamson
- Others on #presto-test on server freenode
Prerequisites for Test Day
You will need a Fedora 11 Beta system with root access (as we are going to work with yum and rpm). You should have your favourite package set installed. We will provide a repo with F11 Snapshot1 packages with delta RPMs and presto metadata generated, so everybody can do Beta -> Snapshot1 upgrade. Unfortunately there is no live CD for this test day, as you need an installed system to properly test this feature.
- Where to get F11 Beta: https://fedoraproject.org/en/get-prerelease (all mirrors)
- Where to get yum-presto (it is not in the Beta): http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=93831 (or check development repo if you need some dependencies) or
yum --enablerepo=rawhide install yum-presto
- Make sure you are running deltarpm-3.4-15 ('rpm -q deltarpm'):
yum --enablerepo=rawhideupdate deltarpm
- Create a F11 Snapshot1 Presto repo configuration (e.g. edit /etc/yum.conf):
cat <<EOF> /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-presto-testday.repo [PrestoTestDay] name=PrestoTestDay F11 Snapshot1 with drpms baseurl=http://people.redhat.com/psklenar/repodata/i386/Packages enabled=1 gpgcheck=0 EOF
cat <<EOF> /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-presto-testday.repo [PrestoTestDay] name=PrestoTestDay F11 Snapshot1 with drpms baseurl=http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/presto-test/x86_64/Packages/ enabled=1 gpgcheck=0 EOF
How to test?
What do we want to test exactly? We want to ensure, that packages serching/installing/updating/uninstalling works, that it works in all the different ways users are using it and that Presto related tools also works.
Update F11 Beta system to F11 Snapshot1
- Start with the F11 Beta system
- if you have rawhide older than Beta, please update to the Beta first: https://fedoraproject.org/en/get-prerelease
- Set-up our repo with pre-generated presto metadata
- Ensure you have yum-presto plugin installed and available
- Update the system - yum should be downloading *.drpm files instead of *.rpm ones
- You may test it on a single package first (yum list updates, choose one and then yum update <chosen package>)
See this test-plan: QA:Testcase_YumPresto_basics_cmd
- rpm -q yum yum-presto PackageKit PackageKit-yum PackageKit-yum-plugin gnome-packagekit ...
- Try to search/install/upgrade/remove few packages (test it as a non root user) in gnome-packagekit (System -> Administration -> Add/Remove Software)
with other GUI tools
- rpm -q yum yum-presto yumex ...
- Try to search/install/upgrade/remove/group* few packages using your favourite GUI tool (e.g. yumex)
See QA:Testcase_YumPresto_createrepo or test whatever else.
We will store results in the table below. This page is editable without a Fedora login for those who do not want to sign the CLA, but if you do have a FAS account, please log in before editing.
If you find a bug, please report it through Bugzilla and make it depend on bug PrestoTestDay (just put PrestoTestDay into the Blocks: field). If you do not have an account there, you may create one, or just ask somebody on the #fedora-qa to report the bug for you.
|user||command/action||system||downloaded||time||relevant packages versions|
||Intel Core 2 DUO 2.20GHz, 2GB RAM, ...||during the command run, I have downloaded ???kB||real 0m1.094s, user 0m0.832s, sys 0m0.148s||yum-3.2.21-2.fc10.noarch yum-presto-0.4.5-1.fc9.noarch, yum-fastestmirror-1.1.19-1.fc10.noarch||and few other plugins|
|Markino (aka TopoMorto)||
||VirtualBox 2.2 ...||???kB||real 14m51.956s, user 2m46.799s, sys 1m32.895s||yum-3.2.22-4.fc11.noarch yum-presto-0.4.5-4.fc11.noarch, yum-fastestmirror-1.1.21-2.fc11.noarch||no other plugins|
||kvm-74-11.fc10.x86_64, guest - x86_64, 512M Ram||downloaded 236M, would have been downloaded 262M, savings of 10 percent||N/A||yum-presto-0.4.5-4.fc11.noarch, yum-3.2.22-1.fc11.noarch||-|
||host(Rawhide.x86_64) + guest(KVM/F-11-Beta.x86_64)||22 MB v. 9.7 MB saved 57 %||the rebuilding rpms from deltas took ~2 mins, but probably worth the savings||yum-3.2.21-16.fc11 & yum-presto-0.4.5-4.fc11||refresh-packagekit|
||host(Rawhide.x86_64) + guest(KVM/F-11-Beta.x86_64)||129 MB v. 11 MB saved 92 %||the rebuilding rpms from deltas took ~3 mins, but definitely worth the savings||yum-3.2.21-16.fc11 & yum-presto-0.4.5-4.fc11||refresh-packagekit|
||rawhide 22.214.171.124-70.fc11.x86_64||downloaded 54K, would have been downloaded 185K, savings of 71 percent||real 0m22.392s user 0m7.605s sys 0m1.277s||yum-presto-0.4.5-4.fc11.noarch, yum-3.2.22-1.fc11.noarch||no other plugins|
||rawhide 126.96.36.199-70.fc11.x86_64||downloaded 120M, would have been downloaded 305M, savings of 61 percent||yum-presto-0.4.5-4.fc11.noarch, yum-3.2.22-1.fc11.noarch||no other plugins|
|Riku Seppälä||yum update openoffice*||2.6.29-0.258.2.3.rc8.git2.fc11.x86_64||downloaded 11M, would have been downloaded 129M, savings of 92 percent||N/A||yum-3.2.22-4.fc11.noarch yum-presto-0.4.5-4.fc11.noarch||no other plugins|