|2009-04-16 (Thu)||From 12:00 to 21:00 UTC (8am -> 5pm EDT)||#fedora-qa)|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on:
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - User:Lmacken, User:Skvidal, User:Jdieter
- Quality Assurance - User:Psklenar, User:Jhutar, Adam Williamson
Prerequisites for Test Day
You will need a Fedora 11 Beta system with root access (as we are going to work with yum and rpm). You should have your favourite package set installed. We will provide a repo with F11 Snapshot1 packages with delta RPMs and presto metadata generated, so everybody can do Beta -> Snapshot1 upgrade. Unfortunately there is no live CD for this test day, as you need an installed system to properly test this feature.
How to test?
What do we want to test exactly? We want to ensure, that packages serching/installing/updating/uninstalling works, that it works in all the different ways users are using it and that Presto related tools also works.
Update F11 Beta system to F11 Snapshot1
- rpm -q yum yum-presto
- Try to search/install/upgrade/remove/group* few packages
- rpm -q yum yum-presto PackageKit PackageKit-yum PackageKit-yum-plugin gnome-packagekit ...
- Try to search/install/upgrade/remove/group* few packages (test it as a root and a user)
with other GUI tools
- rpm -q yum yum-presto yumex ...
- Try to search/install/upgrade/remove/group* few packages using your favourite GUI tool (e.g. yumex)
- rpm -q createrepo presto-utils
- Create a repository from few packages you have
- Try to use that repository
We will store results in the table below. This page is editable without a Fedora login for those who do not want to sign the CLA, but if you do have a FAS account, please log in before editing.
If you find a bug, please report it through Bugzilla and make it depend on bug PrestoTestDay (just put PrestoTestDay into the Blocks: field). If you do not have an account there, you may create one, or just ask somebody on the #fedora-qa to report the bug for you.
|user||command/action||system||bandwidth||time||relevant packages versions|
||Intel Core 2 DUO 2.20GHz, 2GB RAM, ...||???kB||real 0m1.094s, user 0m0.832s, sys 0m0.148s||yum-3.2.21-2.fc10.noarch yum-presto-0.4.5-1.fc9.noarch, yum-fastestmirror-1.1.19-1.fc10.noarch||and few other plugins|
|Markino (aka TopoMorto)||
||VirtualBox 2.2 ...||1024kB||real 14m51.956s, user 2m46.799s, sys 1m32.895s||yum-3.2.22-4.fc11.noarch yum-presto-0.4.5-4.fc11.noarch, yum-fastestmirror-1.1.21-2.fc11.noarch||no other plugins|