Test Day:2009-04-21 Minimal Platform
|Thu April 21st, 2009||From 12:00 to 00:00 UTC (8am -> 8pm ET)||#fedora-qa)|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on:
The following cast of characters will be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Petr Vrabec - Lead, tuned, monitoring, documentation
- Quality Assurance
What's needed to test
- Rawhide or Fedora 11 Beta fully updated.
- FAS Account - you can create an account in 3 minutes if you don't have one
- Your hardware profile uploaded to Smolt according to these instructions
How to test?
Update your machine
See the instructions on the Rawhide page on the various ways in which you can install or update to Rawhide. Or:
Optionally, you may download a non-destructive rawhide live image for your architecture. Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD. And install to disc
Follow each of these test cases:
Report your results
- Purpose of first two tests is to install rawhide in minimal variant - one result for each architecture is enough
- Third test case is to detect unnecessary dependencies in packages you use regularly. Consult your findings on IRC before reporting a bug
- If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below.
- The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one
- and the second should be a link to your Smolt hardware profile (see above for a link with instructions on submitting your hardware profile to Smolt).
- For each test case, primarly see instruction in testcase