|2009-05-14?||TBD: fedora-i18n team available during Asian daytime/evening||#fedora-qa)|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on:
- Features/IBus input methods
IBus is the new input method framework for Asian languages being used in F11.
The following cast of characters will be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - User:Petersen, User:Tagoh, User:Phuang, User:dchen, WarrenTogami
- Quality Assurance - User:Tester1, User:Tester2, User:Tester3
Prerequisites for Testing
- Please test with either Rawhide (with latest ibus packages installed) or a current Fedora Desktop Live image in a real or virtual machine.
- A native keyboard for your country/region if you have one
See the instructions on the Rawhide page on the various ways in which you can install or update to Rawhide.
Note ibus is installed by default in F11 but if you should have upgraded from F10 you will need to "yum install @input-methods". At the very least you need to be running the latest ibus, which is ibus-22.214.171.12490417-1.fc11 at the time of writing: eg with F11-Preview.
Optionally, you may download a non-destructive rawhide live image for your architecture. Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD.
How to test?
Testing iBus usage to input native languages:
- Login to desktop in your native language or the one you wish to test.
- QA:Testcase_imsettings_enable (if your desktop is in an Asian language you may be able to skip this step since ibus should be enabled by default for most Asian language)
- Run im-chooser to turn on iBus if it is not enabled by default in your language
- ibus can be activated in an application from the ibus icon in the panel notification area and choosing the desired input method there. If you desktop language does not use a input method normally you may need to add the input method with ibus-setup too.
- Test iBus correctness by inputting in various applications and desktop environments (such as GNOME and KDE) listed in below table. Tests with other applications and other environment are also welcome. Please note that at least one input method should be installed and enabled to performed the test.
Test Cases and Results
|User||Keyboard||Desktop||Desktop Language||Activation||Input method||Application:Result||Comments|
|Explanation: User:Example||Country or code (de, fr, gb, us, jp, kr, etc)||GNOME, KDE, XFCE, or LXDE||Language or code (de, en, fr, hi, ja, ko, zh, etc)||Input method system started and running ok?||Name of language or engine (anthy, chewing, hangul, pinyin, rawcode, sayura, table)||(gedit, firefox, openoffice, pidgin, kate, eclipse, etc):(OK/FAIL)||More details of any problems - [bug#]|