|Sectool Fit&Finish||From 12:00 to 21:00 UTC (8am -> 5pm EDT)||#fedora-test-day (webirc)|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day / Fit & Finish will focus on Sectool.
Sectool is a security tool that can be used both as a security audit as well as a part of an intrusion detection system. It consists of set of tests, library and textual/graphical frontend. Tests are sorted into groups and security levels. Administrators can run selected tests, groups or whole security levels.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Maros Barabas (nick xBarry), Jakub Hrozek (nick jhrozek)
- Quality Assurance - Eduard Benes (nick ebenes), Miroslav Vadkerty (nick mvadkert)
Prerequisite for Test Day
- Any sectool version >= 0.9.4 on Fedora 11 or Rawhide system. (the more different testing environment we get, the better)
- Install sectool by running following commands:
rpm -Uvh http://mbarabas.fedorapeople.org/sectool-0.9.4-2.fc11.i586.rpm rpm -Uvh http://mbarabas.fedorapeople.org/sectool-gui-0.9.4-2.fc11.i586.rpm
How to test?
- We would like to focus on following areas to be targeted with exploratory testing: GUI, DBus, individual Sectool tests under different test env.
- Individual test cases we want to execute: are in section 'Test Cases'. Additonally you can follow links in the 'Tests Results' table header.
- Test results should be reported into table in section 'Test Results' and any issues filed into bugzilla.
- Detailed list of tests with instructions is available here
- For additional info see: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Sectool
Sectool has missing SELinux policy - See RHBZ #520577
See 'How To Test' section on the Feature page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Sectool#How_To_Test
Additionally one can do a little scripting exercise and create his own hello-world sectool test:
Test results table for individual test cases (direct links in the first row).
|User||Smolt Profile||Sanity testing||Running the tests||Running a level||Display filters||Test auto action||Diff and sending a mail||Overriding levels||Logging||DBus testing||GUI testing||References|
|User:Liam||f12 rawhide||PASS||PASS||FAIL ||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS|
|User:Rhe||f12 rawhide||PASS||PASS||FAIL ||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS||FAIL ||PASS|
|User:mvadkert||HW||FAIL ||FAIL ||PASS||PASS||PASS||FAIL ||PASS||PASS||FAIL ||FAIL |
|User:ebenes||HW||FAIL ||FAIL ||PASS||PASS||PASS||PASS||IN PROGRESS||PASS||FAIL ||FAIL |
|jkoten||HW||FAIL ||FAIL ||PASS||PASS||PASS||IN PROGRESS||PASS||PASS||FAIL ||IN PROGRESS||Tested with sectool-0.9.4-2.fc11.i586|
|User:psss||HW||FAIL ||IN PROGRESS||IN PROGRESS||IN PROGRESS||IN PROGRESS||IN PROGRESS||IN PROGRESS||IN PROGRESS||IN PROGRESS||FAIL |