|Thursday Sep 17, 2009||All day||#fedora-test-day (webchat)|
What to test?
If you come to this page after the test day is completed, your testing is still valuable, and you can use the information on this page to test this feature and provide feedback.
Mark McLoughlin is your host for today.
The following people have also agreed to be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion:
- add your name here
What's needed to test
- A fully updated Fedora 12 Rawhide machine. See instructions on the main test day page.
- At least one guest image installed before the test day (suggested reading - Virtualization_Quick_Start)
How to test
Testing this feature is very straightforward:
- Edit an existing guests configuration using
- Set the
- <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc'>hvm</type>
- Check the newly saved configuration using
- Verify the
machineattribute is now
- <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-0.11'>hvm</type>
- Start the guest and verify that it boots correctly as before
That's it! The idea is that we record the ABI version number of the
pc machine type in the guest configuration so that when qemu is updated in future, we will continue using the same ABI.
Add your comments below in the Issues that were identified section, and/or file bugs in Bugzilla by following this link.
Issues that were identified