Test Day:2010-04-01 ABRT
m (→Test Results: test 3 passed)
m (→Test Results: test 4 passed)
|Line 183:||Line 183:|
Revision as of 22:27, 5 April 2010
|2010-04-01||ALL DAY||#fedora-test-day (webirc)|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on Automated Bug Reporting Tool (ABRT). This tool should help non-power users with bug reporting, making it as easy as a few mouse clicks. ABRT is a daemon that watches for application crashes. When a crash occurs, it collects the crash data (core file, application's command line etc.) and takes action according to the type of application that crashed and according to the configuration in the abrt.conf configuration file.
Bottom line: do not hunt the bugs with a pitchforks, rather use bugzappers/big light source to draw them from the dark and kill them easily at close range.
ABRT should be easy for users and very useful for developers and admins. Ease of crash/bug reporting and quick response from maintainers based on info from ABRT should make Fedora more stable and thus more attractive for users.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Jiří Moskovčák (jmoskovc), Nikola Pajkovsky (npajkovs), Denys Vlasenko (dvlasenk), Karel Klíč (kklic)
- Quality Assurance - Kamil Páral (kparal), Michal Nowak (mnowak), Adam Williamson (adamw)
Prerequisite for Test Day
You will need either fully updated Fedora 13 system or a custom live image for ABRT.
Fedora 13 installation
1. If you don't already have existing Fedora 13 installation, you may install from Fedora 13 Beta RC3.
2. Then add ABRT development repository:
wget 'http://jmoskovc.fedorapeople.org/abrt.repo' -O /etc/yum.repos.d/abrt.repo
3. Fully upgrade:
4. Check that you have ABRT version 1.0.9 installed.
rpm -qa 'abrt*'
5. Log out and log in again (this is important).
ABRT live image
This is a non-destructive live image that you just download, burn to CD/DVD and boot from it. You can also make a bootable USB stick from it by using liveusb-creator.
How to test?
Please follow each of following ABRT Test Cases and sum up the results in the table below:
- QA:Testcase ABRT CCPP addon - C/C++ tracebacks
- QA:Testcase ABRT python - python tracebacks
- QA:Testcase ABRT python better debugging - tests how EasierPythonDebugging works with python (see How to test for more info)
- QA:Testcase ABRT kernel - kernel oops
- QA:TestCase ABRT BlackList - package blacklist
- QA:Testcase ABRT GPG check - reporting crashes of signed packages only
- QA:TestCase ABRT GPG Keys - additional keys for signing packages
- QA:Testcase ABRT quota - limiting the space occupied by ABRT's cache
- QA:Testcase ABRT Plugins - configuring plugins
- QA:Testcase_ABRT_Bugzilla - Bugzilla plugin
- QA:Testcase_ABRT_Logger - Logger plugin
- QA:Testcase_ABRT_Mailx - Mailx plugin
- QA:Testcase ABRT Actions and Reporters - testing of action/reporting plugins
- QA:Testcase ABRT SOSreport plugin - SOSreport action plugin
- QA:Testcase ABRT Cron - periodical plugins using Cron
- QA:Testcase ABRT GUI MAIN - testing the GUI (probably already during the previous steps, so just to sum it up)
- QA:Testcase ABRT CLI - CLI interface
Please report all bugs into Bugzilla against the abrt component.