|Fedora Test Days|
|Mail • Subscribe • Archives|
How to enable Input Method?
2. Run im-chooser
3. Select "Use IBus" from "Input Method Selector" Window
4. Click "Close" Button
5. See if Input Method icon is visible in taskbar
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on internationalization support in desktop applications
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
Prerequisite for Test Day
- One or more keyboards with different layouts.
- Bare metal or virtual machine.
- Usb key, a virtualized guest or a burned CD/DVD with the test image
How to test?
Prepare Your System
- Tests requiring physical media (e.g. DVD or CD images) -- F-16-Alpha.
- Unless otherwise noted, you may use nightly Fedora 16 branch install images. Review for information on downloading and installing Branched.
- Optionally, you may download a non-destructive Fedora 16 live image for your architecture. Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD.
- QA:Langpack PackageKit Application
- QA:Langpack Yum Application
- QA:Testcase i18n browsers
- QA:Testcase i18n font application
- QA:Testcase i18n input application
- QA:Testcase i18n input method
- QA:Testcase i18n ibus input
Nice to test
Bugs you might hit or additional situations that are nice to test:
- No group named Chinese-Support exists
- Changing language to Chinese(P.R. of China) results in Chinese(Hong Kong)
- Need to update Rupee symbol for locale file (hi_IN)
- (ml_IN) default font size with all libreoffice GUI (translated) is small as compared to gnome application
- system-config-keyboard never applies changes
- (All langs) gtkhtml-editor-WARNING **:zh-CN: No such language
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla. For instance file a bug report against the component firefox if you have problems testing the Firefox Web Browser. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from the first line as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one, and the second should be a link to the Smolt profile of the system you tested. For each test case, use the result template to enter your result, as shown in the example result line.
|User||Langpack PackageKit||Langpack Yum||browsers||font application||input application||input method||ibus input||Nice to Test||References|