Test Day:2012-03-19 firewalld
|Fedora Test Days|
|Mail • Subscribe • Archives|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on firewalld
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development / general help - Thomas Woerner (twoerner on FreeNode)
- Development / general help - Jiri Popelka (jpopelka on FreeNode)
Prerequisite for Test Day
- A fully updated Fedora 17 Alpha machine. You should have firewalld version 0.2.4-1.fc17 installed.
- Packages firewalld and firewall-applet installed.
- Disable and stop iptables, ip6tables and ebtables services:
systemctl disable iptables.service systemctl stop iptables.service systemctl disable ip6tables.service systemctl stop ip6tables.service systemctl disable ebtables.service systemctl stop ebtables.service
- Make sure that the services are not running anymore
systemctl status iptables.service systemctl status ip6tables.service systemctl status ebtables.service
- Test case 1: Firewalld usable and active
- Test case 2: Use firewall zones
- Test case 3: firewalld and NetworkManager
- Test case 4: firewall-applet
Optional Tests and Test Packages
These cases are optional, because the patches for the applications are mostly not complete.
- initscripts (build: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=307646, not in testing yet)
- control-center: Port Printers panel to FirewallD1 API: RHBZ #802381 - No test package so far
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla. For instance file a bug report against the component firewalld if you have problems testing firewlld. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from the first line as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one, and the second should be a link to the Smolt profile of the system you tested. For each test case, use the result template to enter your result, as shown in the example result line.
|User||Firewalld usable and active||Use firewall zones||firewalld and NetworkManager||firewall-applet||Optional Tests||References|