Virtualization Test Day
|Fedora Test Days|
|Virtualization Test Day|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on Virtualization improvements in Fedora 17. There is a large list of virtualization improvements coming in Fedora. To simplify things, testing will be divided up into a number of sections.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development / general help - Daniel Berrange (danpb on FreeNode)
- Development / general help - Richard W.M. Jones (rwmjones on FreeNode)
- Development / general help - Cole Robinson (crobinso on FreeNode)
What's needed to test
- A fully updated Fedora 17 Beta machine. See instructions below.
- Hardware virtualization support (e.g. Intel VT or AMD-V) (see How_to_debug_Virtualization_problems#Is_My_Guest_Using_KVM.3F Is My Guest Using KVM?). If unavailable, you can still help with testing QEMU support.
- At least one guest image installed before the test day (suggested reading - Virtualization_Quick_Start)
- Up to 10-20Gb free disk space. Guest images take up a lot of space.
Areas to test
News tests and features
Below are the some of the virt features accepted for F17 which should each have test notes documented:
Below are some other F17 virt features which are lacking clear test instructions
- https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KVM_Live_Block_Migration (FIXME: no test instructions)
- https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KVM_Guest_PMU (FIXME: no test instructions)
- https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Open_vSwitch (FIXME: no test instructions)
Below are proposed F17 virt features with unclear status
- https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KVMThinProv (FIXME: isn't going to make F17?)
Other important / general test plans to follow include:
— libguestfs, image inspection, virt tools, V2V, P2V (you will need at least one guest to test this)
- GuestOS compatibility
— test installation of as many different guest operating system as as possible. (You will need a KVM bare metal host & lots of disk space)
Previous test cases
Some test cases used in previous test days. Still useful to test for regressions!
- QA:Testcase Live Migration using libvirt/virsh
- QA:Testcase Offline (paused) Migration using libvirt/virsh
- QA:Testcase Virtualization Check SPICE password support
- QA:Testcase Virtualization Manually set spice listening port with TLS port set
- QA:Testcase Virtualization Setting up a VM with Spice
- QA:Testcase Virtualization Spice listen on all public network interfaces
- QA:Testcase Virtualization libvirt create a logical pool
- QA:Testcase Virtualization libvirt save and restore with svirt
- QA:Testcase Virtualization libvirt set guest memory