Test Day:2012-04-19 liveusb-tools
|Fedora Test Days|
|Mail • Subscribe • Archives|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on livecd-tools and creating a Fedora USB installation stick via livecd-tools on fedora 16, 17 and windows livecd-creator.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
Prerequisite for Test Day
- A Fedora 16/17 installation. (or a windows installation)
- Usb key(s)
- ISO images of latest Fedora 17 beta. ISO images are here
- Free space on HD (A separate test system would be preferred)
- (optional) Your hardware profile uploaded to Smolt according to these instructions
- (optional) Beer (if you're adult)
- (optional) Hot dogs!
Update your machine
- You need to have the livecd-tools version 16.11 at least.
How to test?
- Please use the process detailed on the How_to_create_and_use_Live_USB wiki page.
If you have problems with any of the tests,please report a bug to Bugzilla for livecd-tools . If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from the first line as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one, and the second should be a link to the Smolt profile of the system you tested. For each test case, use the result template to enter your result, as shown in the example result line.