|Fedora Test Days|
|Mail • Subscribe • Archives|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on Gnome Boxes.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Zeeshan Ali (zeenix), Hans de Goede (hansg), Christophe Fergeau (teuf)
- Quality Assurance - Martin Holec (Martix), Adam Williamson (adamw), Petr Schindler (pschindl)
Prerequisite for Test Day
- Free space on HD
- Various operating systems installation ISOs, CD/DVDs and USB sticks:
- Fedora 16 and 17
- Windows XP and 7
- Debian, Ubuntu etc.
- Copy ISOs to Download directory in your home.
How to test?
Install latest Fedora 17 prerelease
Install Gnome Boxes
Install Gnome Boxes by running: yum install libvirt gnome-boxes on installed system.
Provide a list of test areas or test cases that you'd like contributors to execute. For other examples, see Category:Test_Cases.
- QA:Testcase Gnome Boxes manual installation
- QA:Testcase Gnome Boxes express installation (unattended installation)
- QA:Testcase Gnome Boxes basic usage
- QA:Testcase Gnome Boxes box configuration
- QA:Testcase Gnome Boxes box removal
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Gnome Bugzilla usually for the component gnome-boxes, or to RedHat Bugzilla for the component gnome-boxes for Fedora specific bugs (installer, integration, etc.). If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from the first line as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one, and the second should be a link to the Smolt profile of the system you tested. For each test case, use the result template to enter your result, as shown in the example result line.
|User||Smolt Profile||Manual install||Express install||Usage||Configuration||Removal||References|