|Fedora Test Days|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on internationalization support in desktop applications
The following cast of characters will be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
Prerequisite for Test Day
- One or more keyboards with different layouts.
- Bare metal or virtual machine.
- Usb key, a virtualized guest or a burned CD/DVD with the test image
How to test?
Prepare Your System
- Tests requiring physical media (e.g. DVD or CD images) and the latest version of packages from updates/updates-testing: Fedora Alpha Release.
- Unless otherwise noted, you may use nightly Fedora 19 branch install images. Review for information on downloading and installing Branched.
Test Cases and Results
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla. For instance file a bug report against the component firefox if you have problems testing the Firefox Web Browser. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the separate pages by testing categories below.
Nice to test
Bugs you might hit or additional situations that are nice to test:
- no default IMEs set for Asian users
- no default keymap selected for language, even login to local language
- ibus shortcut key doesn't work
- Enable firstname.lastname@example.org extension -> Enable or disable doesn't work with Hangul Key
- After doing "ctrl+space", ibus tray icon freezes/ibus is not working with Ctrl+Space
- run ibus-setup produces IBUS-CRITICAL ** Traceback.
- Glyph '1' not the same width as other numerals (liberation-fonts)
- liberations-sans italic and bold italic contain wrong shape at U+0438 and U+0439
- Problems with glyphs Ѝ (U+040D) for Bulgarian language (Problems with glyphs Ѝ (U+040D) for Bulgarian language)
- [Indic] New Indic Rupee symbol not populated correctly
- [indic] konsole does not display Indic text correctly
- iok crashed while selecting 'xkb-Malayalam (enhanced Inscript with Rupee Sign)'
- [kn_IN] 0CB0 + 200D + 0CCD + 0C95+ 0CBE consonant is wrongly rendering
- [te_IN] Lohit font has different glyph shape for * character (used for password characters)
- [as_IN] Position and joint of 'ু', 'ূ', 'ৃ' in letters not correct
- [mr] Marathi needs changes in Devanagari glyphs
- Lohit Malayalam font does not have support for 0D4E MALAYALAM LETTER DOT REPH
- No group named Chinese-Support exists
- Changing language to Chinese(P.R. of China) results in Chinese(Hong Kong)
- Need to update Rupee symbol for locale file (hi_IN)
- (ml_IN) default font size with all libreoffice GUI (translated) is small as compared to gnome application
- (All langs) gtkhtml-editor-WARNING **:zh-CN: No such language