|Fedora 19 Test Days|
|Website||realmd SSSD project, Feature page|
|IRC||#sssd (webirc, #fedora-test-day (webirc))|
What to test?
Today's Test Day will be focused on new features related to using enterprise accounts (coming from either Active Directory or FreeIPA), in particular realmd and adcli to join a machine to a domain and sssd to handle authentication and other related tasks.
- Development: Stef Walter (stefw, realmd/adcli dev), Jakub Hrozek (jhrozek, sssd dev)
- Quality Assurance: Patrik Kis (pkis), Davis Spurek (dspurek), Kaushik Banerjee (kaushik)
Prerequisite for Test Day
- LiveCD tbd when sssd-1.10beta1 is out
- If you don't want to use the LiveCD, you can use an updated Fedora 19 pre-release
- A server to test against. Most test cases require an Active Directory domain, other tests require a FreeIPA server. Don't worry if you don't have both, any involvement in the test day is much appreciated!
- Domain user account or administrator account on the given Active Directory domain. See table below for which test cases require which privileges.
How to test
At a high level the following are being tested:
- realmd used together with Active Directory or FreeIPA
- adcli used together with Active Directory or FreeIPA
- latest Kerberos improvements
- sssd used together with Active Directory or FreeIPA
You can explore these, and their documentation. Or you can follow the test cases below.
|Testcase||Description||Privileges||Approx. time required|
|adcli info||Retrieve basic information about a domain||Any||5 minutes|